I don’t know about you all, but this year is already going by way too quickly for my liking. Each year I like to have my travel goals post up just after the first of the year, but I must have blinked and now its already February! No matter – it is still important for me to get my goals for the year ahead written down. It will help me to reference throughout the year to make sure I’m on track. And now its out there for all to see and I fully expect you all to hold me accountable to these goals.
I have to be honest – coming up with 15 new goals was not so easy. This year, don’t be surprised to see roll over goals that didn’t quite get checked off from the previous year along with goals that are worth doing again and some brand new ones as well. But whether they are recycled or brand spanking new, they are all important to me and with planning, hard work and a little creative luck, they will all be realized by the end of 2015. So here goes, my travel 15 for 2015.
Unfinished Goals from 2014:
1. Get back into Scuba Diving – hitting up Belize or a Caribbean island would be great, but I’ll settle for Catalina Island if need be (provided I have a proper wet suit for those chilly Pacific waters).
2. Get back to Africa (with 54 countries to choose from, you’d think I’d make it to at least one!)
3. See the sun rise in two foreign countries (I’ll take a couple of sunsets too)
4. Between travels near and far…fall in love (and be fallen in love with)
5. Celebrate at least one foreign holiday I’ve never celebrated before
Goals I did Reach in 2014, but I want back on the list again:
6. Play Capoeira on at least 2 continents (other than North America)
7. Attend a travel bloggers/travel industry conference
8. Attend my second Formula 1 race – so many great cities to choose from
9. Get three new pins on the wall map
10. Visit at least 4 countries this year
New for 2015:
11. Reach 1000 Facebook followers by the end of February 2015 (I gave myself 1 month, it took 2 days. Mission accomplished!!)
12. Go camping (tent, RV, or just a sleeping bag)
13. Ride upstairs on an A380 double-decker plane
14. Have my travel writing published in a major (online or print) publication.
15. Wrap up 2015 with an abundance of new friends, new stories and new adventures gained while traveling the world.
So tell me what are your travel plans/goals for 2015. Do you have specific places you want to travel to, or are you more focused on specific travel experiences? Leave me a comment below about you’re headed in 2015.