1. They lied. The food is actually good here.
|Delicious pastries for tea|
|Fresh Sushi – Tuna sashimi with watermelon and basil|
2. No shortage of city parks, large and small.
3. The buildings look EXACTLY like they do in the movies Oliver or Mary Poppins.
|Beautiful old architecture|
|A pub straight off of a movie set|
4. For an avid reader, I love seeing a city that has as many ads for books as they do for new movies.
|I’m a fan of any city that promotes reading as much as London does|
5. The black cabs are big enough to fit a family of four and their suitcases all in the back seat.
6. You just HAVE to laugh at how expensive everything is.
7. There’s always a new trend to check out.
|Forget fancy cupckaes and macarons, now it’s Gourmet Marshmallows|
|A night out involves a DJ backed ping pong game|
|Apparently this is now acceptable going out attire (one trend I hope is short lived).|
8. The Contrast of Old and New
|The new Shard behind old row houses|
9. History at every turn.
|Plaque commemorating an historic beat-down|
|A famous road from the 1600’s|
10. Horrible weather, crowded roads, polluted air, ridiculous prices and yet the city still manages to be one hell of an amazing place.