- at least 1 body of water (a lake, large pond or stream)
- a walking/jogging/biking path
- a section with animals (a pond with ducks, horse stables, etc.)
- a large, open, grassy area for just laying around, playing a game of touch football, or an impromptu capoeira roda
- security – I want to know that I will feel safe at all times of the day
- a section of the park where you can go and not see a single tall building or hear a honking car horn
So here are my 5 Favorite City Parks that I’ve come across in my travels (in no particular order).
|View of London’s Reagents Park (photo credit: aots.co.uk)|
|Berlin’s Tiergarten Park (Photo Credit: www.amc-booking.com)|
|Stone bridge in New York’s Central Park|
|A shot of Stanley Park’s Lover’s Lane|
|A peaceful seat among the trees in London’s Hampstead Heath (photo credit: explow.com)|
What do you think of the parks on this list? And if you have a favorite city park you think I should visit, please leave a comment below. I’d love some more suggestions!